GRANGEVILLE GUN CLUB DIRECTOR’S MINUTES MEETING of FEBRUARY 12, 2019
DIRECTORS PRESENT: Brian Lorentz, Paul Davenport, Bob Aiken & Tom Felkel.
MEMBERS PRESENT: Mark Kurruk, Daryl Mullinix, Shelia Davenport & Bill Stolz
The meeting was called to order by President Brian Lorentz at 5:38PM. The minutes of the January 8, 2019 meeting were read by Brian, One small change was noted and minutes amended. Bob moved they be approved, Paul seconded and the 1/8/19 minutes were approved as amended.
1) No treasurer’s report however 2019 membership dues and target/food/beverage sales for ten week shoot has resulted in a significant deposit for 2019.
1) Election of club officers. Mark moved that the club officers remain the same. Tom seconded. Motion carried unanimously. General discussion 1) Brian Lorentz-President, Tom Felkel & Bob Aiken- Vice Presidents. The Secretary/Treasurer is appointed by the Board.
2) General discussion on the Gun Club banquette. Bill made a motion for the banquette to be on 4/6 with the sign up for the spring league on 4/9. Tom seconded, motion approve unanimously. Brian will have trophies for juniors.
3) Bob said Amy Farris had requested renting the Gun Club. Board approved unanimously. Bob will be the lead and at the Club for the event.
4) Steve Kaschmitter has requested renting the Club 7/5. Board approved unanimously.
5) General discussion on alcohol at the gun club and that the members and officers of the club need to be sure there are no abuses.
Meeting adjourned at 6:00PM.
Minutes from January 2019 Annual Meeting
GRANGEVILLE GUN CLUB ANNUAL MEETING
January 13, 2019
DIRECTORS PRESENT: Brian Lorentz, Paul Davenport, Bob Aiken, Jeremy Harris & Tom Felkel.
MEMBERS PRESENT: Many members present to begin 10 week shoot and annual meeting. Treasurer, Rocky Howe present.
Annual meeting called to order by President Brian Lorentz at 12:30 after some shooting and a Tri-tip lunch hosted by Pepper Harman. Members given hard copies of the January 14, 2018 annual meeting minutes and were read soon after by Jeremy, Bob moved they be approved, Tom seconded and the 2018 annual meeting minutes were approved.
TREASURERS REPORT: Members were given a hard copy of the most current January 2019 Financial report. Rocky went over financial report with no questions from members. Daryl made motion to approve treasurer’s financial report, Tom 2nd, January 2019 Treasurers report approved.
ANNUAL MEETING BUSINESS:
1) Brian Lorentz Presidents term is currently up, Bob A opened the floor up to nominations. Pepper quickly nominated Brian L with a 2nd by Tom Falco. 5 seconds later the decision was made to close nominations. Members voted unanimously to keep Brian as President with his new term beginning January 2019.
2) Brian gave many Thanks to members who continue to go above and beyond to keep the Gun Club running smoothly and operating successfully. Including;
- Pepper – Tri-tip donation/cooking for the annual meeting
- Yvonne & Sheila – Continual help keeping the desk/office running
- Tim the Landscape Artist
- Wendell and Kenny with all around support
- Mark K registered shoot help and Camas Rep.
- Daryl with organizing the shooting board
Keep in mind Brian was talking so fast the secretary had a difficult time getting all the names down. This is not an exclusive list and the Gun Club Directors appreciate all the members who continue to help out.
3) Mark K gave an update on the Camas, including an added $10k and $3k Magnum purse for 2019. Senior scholarships are also available, talk to Mark if interested.
4) Brian explained Grangeville’s Camas Rep. position was also up for nomination. Daryl made motion for Mark K to remain as Camas Rep with Brian Lorentz as alternate, Rocky 2nd. Nominations Closed. Motion passed.
5) Brian let members know the “old” style Western Traps available to members for $50 if interested. Intent is to clear out more of the unused and unwanted clutter. Club will keep one Western Trap.
6) Brian gave general reminder that desk and kitchen volunteers are needed for the 10-week. Please sign up.
MEETING ADJOURNED by Brian @ 1300